Having played one game, here are a few observations/comments/foolishness on my part:
- Terror Troops does not seem to be an adequate rule to account for the infantry-mowing capabilities of a steam tank. In the future I will stat it out as Shock Cavalry.
- I had two infantry units come up with the "Giving Ground" result, and ultimately decided that the best way to resolve it would be to give each a hit and leave them in melee.
- As far as I can tell a element that has received it's Rep in hits or worse will automatically rout the next time it is forced to take a test, which is cool.
- The steam tank and Equites spent a few rounds pounding on each other, with the Equites giving better than it got, but having forced the tank to retire a way's back allowed it to use its small calibre guns to good effect, ultimately destroying the weaker Equites unit.
- This is the last time that I'll move my mounted CinC into range for a flank charge from an elite pike unit. I would have been better served by wheeling my cannon so that I could fire at the slow-moving pike formation.
- The Dwarves may well have too many crossbows (which is mostly Irregular's fault for the pack composition, and also my choice to include 2 strips, rather than three on a base); their center was composed almost entirely of them, and were successful in shooting my Legionnaires to bitz before they even reached charge range.